Pages

Sunday 11 January 2015

Lately I've been trying to push for some real progress in my latest PS project. It's times like this when I wish my life had more deadlines. I think I'm the sort of person who works best when under pressure. When I'm given all the time in the world, I feel that my work ethic gets sloppy real fast. So I should definitely set myself some deadlines for this project, even though no one's urging me to finish it or anything.


So in total, I've finished about a dozen pages, although the page you see above is the one that took the most work. There must've been like a hundred layers in total, and even then it's probably going to get re-made because I don't like a lot of it. That said, I think most of the stuff is there - the girly cellphone, the stationery, the cellphone charms. I might also Photoshop in some cakes and tea for the other pages. I honestly think that the whole would look really nice when it's all done. But since it's me doing all the work, I don't think I'll live to see the day.

If there's one big problem I can point out with that page, I'd say that it's over-done. There's too much going on, it's too complex, and it doesn't know what it's doing. It looks more like a technical exercise than something you can put in a book. The background should be simplified further, I think.

Tonight I had a random conversation with a friend. Somehow we started talking about Japan, and it turns out we both went on Japan school trips. I kind of miss Japan, actually. It's been almost ten years since I was last there, and for some reason I feel like travelling again. Plane tickets seems to be on sale, too....so maybe my next adventure isn't as far off as I think.