Pages

Friday 16 January 2015

Auckland has been so hot for the past few days. So hot, in fact, that you don't really want to do anything except to sit there and let the fan cool you down. I have a fan in my room, which is literally on 24/7 and still my room feels stuffy as hell. Well, at least it wasn't as bad as Seattle, when it was so hot that for once in my life I actually preferred going outside!

-

It turns out that one of my essays will soon be published in an undergraduate academic journal, sometime next month. I actually submitted it a while ago, and I though they must've forgotten about it until a few days ago, when they email'd me saying that they liked it and wanted to put it in print. So I was quite surprised that they liked it, and I feel quite proud of myself. It was an essay that I personally enjoyed writing, although it wasn't quite as brilliant as the research paper I did for my environmental science course.

-


I went to a steakhouse with a couple of friends on Wednesday. I think the biggest irony of me going to a steakhouse is that I'm actually vegetarian. But the food there was very good, and they actually made me a meat-free burger which tasted super nice. I also ate a lot of potatoes. By the time summer finishes I think I'm going to be pretty fat.

-

A friend came over today. He dropped off a present for me. That was when I realized that it will be my birthday in two days. I haven't celebrated my birthday for the past five years. And last year I practically forgot my birthday until the day after. I've actually celebrated other people's birthdays much, much more than mine. So it was very nice of him to remember my birthday better than the birthday boy. We had a nice chat.

So here's the present. A Mawaru Penguindrum clock, which looks very cute. He also got me a birthday card. From left to right: Kotonoha, Sekai, Haruka. Every time we talk about anime, it ends up about School Days. School Days is terrible. Then after we talk about School Days we talk about Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Which is also terrible. I really like heart-wrenching drama, actually. I think I rewatched KGNE like three times. He also wrote me a hilarious message.

Dear Chloe, 
I wish you a happy birthday and may your fantasies never come true, as that would be too cruel for those innocent kawaii imoutos. I also wish you luck on your future endeavours, may it be as colourful as the panties they show in anime. And if life ever gets tough, just remember you survived two seasons of Rumbling Hearts.